Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Highest That I've Ever Been

I think that I'm hilarious. Most sensible people disagree. The below was one of the first "bits" that I posted on my website. See for yourself how deluded I am.


We've all been high at one time or another. Some of us were young when we first started. These people were rich or had connections. We hated these people. Others of us were scared to get high and managed to put it off for a long time.

The first time that I got high was in 1999. Somebody else, who shall remain anonymous, had set up the transaction, but we had to get to Los Angeles to complete the deal. We get to the place, and it's swarming with people, which made me a little nervous, but I was already plenty nervous for other reasons. Would I freak out? What were the chances that I could die? What was the food going to be like? Right at the end, there was some confusion as to whether we were at the right place, but everything worked out and the airplane took off on time.

Also, I've climbed Half Dome twice. I was pretty high then, too. And I was a little oxygen-deprived.

(If you disapprove of drug humor, I apologize.)

No comments: